I was just checking my stats today and analyzing the links from external pages. It was pretty interesting to see the traffic coming from different sites (although it’s not very high). The most popular article so far in my blog is Buddha Boy of Nepal . Just wanted to post an update to my readers who are following the Buddha Boy’s story. Unfortunately there is nothing new about him but I found a site that has collection of almost all the links to news and articles written about him so far.
Buddha Boy (Claims not Buddha, yet – seeking enlightenment – modesty would be first attribute): This site has collection of links to News, Blogs (including mine), Videos, Skeptical/Rational, Discussions Forums, earlier case of fasting without food and water, Negative explanations, Positive Divine/Supernatural explanations, Buddhism info and info about the boy himself. It’s a collection worth checking out.
These are the Negative and Positive Explanations given in the site:
Motives: Publicity, make money, desire for Nepalese peace due to Civil War
– Burning up of clothes – need to see this video
No explanations yet
– Food/Eating Explanation
1) Being given food / water (In secret stash?) at night when curtain is drawn (open again now?) and shrine closed (Possible)
2) Switcheroo – twin brother (or triplets?) – who is equally adept at sitting for long periods of time – (unlikely, would be discovered)
3) Secret intravenous tube (Would have to be buried underground)
4) Genetic / physical abnormality that permits this (Unprecedented)
5) Mannequin for part of the time (This sounds unlikely)
6) Milk like liquid from roots of tree
7) What about rainwater? Off leaves? How often does it rain there?
Beware of fake news stories – especially in the day of the Internet – like the fat cat – digitally altered by Photoshop. This does not appear to fit that category.
Motives: The world is fucked up (Been like that for a long time) and getting worse
1) Frankly if I was to go into a real deep state of meditation and for a long time, I wouldn’t like to have any cameras and flashlights and crowds of strangers real close to me either. And particularly not during the night… Would you? 🙂 (comments from lonely plant forum)
2) Risk of jail time / lynching if fraud going on
3) Why 6 years? If someone wanted publicity, money, fame, etc…less than half of that would be enough. (Wheel of Life or 21 years old)
4) Sitting in the same position everyday, even if there was movement at night, is impressive (Irrespective of eating/drinking possibility)
5) Gautama Buddha – meditated only 49 days reputedly, so why the need for 6 years? This must be some serious enlightenment.
6) Age – supposed he is 15 years old, probability of being a trickster is lower I suspect, unless he is a pawn. Again, not a likely assignment to take as a “pawn.” To have enough discipline, one would think it is someone older too.
7) Cold weather – what is the temperature there?